09/20/00
I was wondering what is known about the actress who plays Marissa. I
never saw her in anything before EE and I haven't seen her in
anything since. Also. has anyone else noticed how different she looks
in season 1 as compared to 4. Plastic surgery? My wife thinks she
simply lost some weight. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
sydney
09/20/00
Hi! Here is all the info I have on her. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I strive to bring integrity and independence to the role,"
commented Davis-Williams regarding her portrayal of Clark, who is blind. "Playing a blind woman is a wonderful challenge
for me personally. I hope that viewers come away from the show
seeing Marissa as a strong woman, a real person, with a life outside the realm of the newspaper." To perfect her depiction of Clark, Davis-Williams has done research for her role with the Chicago Guild of the Blind and has worked with a seeing eye dog. As the youngest of seven children growing up in Chicago, Davis-
Williams was the "ham" at home and dreamed of one day becoming an actress. She aggressively pursued her dream at DePaul University, where she graduated from The Goodman School of Drama with a bachelor's degree in fine arts. Davis-Williams went on to become an established theatre performer in Chicago in such plays as "Ties
That Bind," "From Mississippi Delta" and "Othello," among others. She has also appeared in San Diego Repertory Theatre productions of "Good Night Desdemona, Good Morning Juliet" and "Hamlet." On the big screen Davis-Williams has worked with such highly respected directors as Ron Howard on the feature film "Backdraft" and Alek Keshishian on the film "With Honors." "Chicago Cab," her soon-to-be released independent film, also stars John Cusack, Penelope Ann Miller and Gillian Anderson. In addition to starring in "Early Edition," Davis-Williams has made guest appearances on several television shows including the ABC series "Gabriel's Fire" with James Earl Jones and "Missing Persons," and appeared in the telefilm "Making a Case for Murder." Davis-Williams resides with her husband and daughter in Chicago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, go to the side of this webpage and click on links.
You can search there for websites about Shanesia too.
mike613
09/20/00
Thanks, Syd. Do you think her looks changed any over the 4 years?
sydney
09/20/00
Yes I do. she really looks like she lost some weight.
earlydues
09/20/00
Shanesia was pregnant during much of the first season, which would go a loooooong way towards explaining how different she looked. :)
Candii
09/21/00
Yes, Shanesia was pregnant during some of the first season. It took me a while to figure it out. I noticed, not only the obvious, but that she moved slower also, her clothes were bigger, and she was filmed from the top of her waist up a lot of the time, and was also filmed sitting down alot too. :)

I don't think that she had a face lift because if you notice during the pilot episode, she was her usual slender, beautiful self. As the season went on, she changed, still beautiful, but in another way. :) After she had her baby, she was back to her normal looking self again.

~Sigh~ It is amazing the changes the female body goes through to accommodate and nourish the life grow inside of her. Not only does our features/looks change, but our eating habits, and personality too. In my case EVERYTHING changed. Kind of reminded me of the pregnant woman stuck in the elevator in the episode Baby. Gary is there to help, and when he asks her how she's doing, she simply looks at him and mumbles "Give me a break"

I am happy that Mr Moonves accommodated her during her pregnacy, and that she came back after the baby was born. Early Edition would not have been the same without her. :)
Dollene
09/21/00
During the last season of the show she looked as if she might have been working out too. Of course she had lost weight since her pregnancy but she looked more toned and streamlined. Of course her changing hairstyle. That can account for alot too.
Candii
09/21/00
Yes, she did look as if she had been working out. Her arms looked toned and even though I'm thin, I was envious of her figure. :)

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0020.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com