EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Fourth Carpathian

Author
09/24/00
The The Fourth Carpathian looks like a good ep! I have never seen it before though, is it as good as it looks?
karen608
09/25/00
I think it's a good episode. I don't want to give to much away, but I will tell you that in this episode Bernie gets the paper and this is also where Lois finds out about the paper. The scene where she confronts Chuck about the paper is particularly funny.
mike613
09/25/00
It doesn't appear to be one of the most popular episodes, but I really enjoyed it. Bernie is especially funny in this ep. Mike
Ren713
09/25/00
One of my least favorite episodes, but it has its moments. One of my favorites is at the end where Marissa is helping tuck Gary in and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Very sweet moment.
abc981
09/26/00
Probably the main reason it's not as popular is the lack of onscreen time for Gary in this episode. But it's still a good one!!
Candii
09/26/00
Abc,I think that you are right about the lack of screen time for
gary being the reason this episode was not high on the like list.
That was my reason anyway for not liking this episode at first.
After viewing it a few more times, I can say that it was ok, not bad at all, and it had some funny moments.

I've always wondered if Kyle had to take care of family business or an illness or something which is why he wasn't in this episode very much. Anyway, the ending was cute.
earlydues
09/27/00
Kyle was recovering from Chicken Pox during that episode. :) If you look closely at the end, you'll see some of the pox marks on his forehead.
Candii
09/27/00
Thanks earlydues for the info! :) I knew that there must have been a reason gary didn't have a large part in this episode. Chicken pox huh? I hear it's more dangerous for adults to get them than children. No wonder that scene at the end where Marisa kisses him on the forehead seemed more special than usual. :)
Ren713
09/27/00
Oh, my goodness! I've noticed Kyle had a couple of pox scars, but I figured they were left over from childhood ( I have a few). Gees, poor guy! They are supposedly a lot more dangerous for adults than children in most cases. They're miserable no matter what age you get them.

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0023.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com