EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: A Horse Is A Horse

Author
10/13/00
While watching EE lastnight, I was struck by the scene in which Erica asks Henry where he was. He said he was at the library. What kind of mother allows her 8-year-old son out on the streets of a city alone? Why would EE's writers think that Gary would be attracted to someone who pays little-to-no attention to her child?

Is it me or does Erica not seem anything like a mother? I'm a mom and watching them there is just no mother-son bond that I can see. It seemed to be, as it's been said before, that Kristy Swanson was added to the show as eye-candy (I'm paraphrasing). I sat there watching thinking "cover up Honey". I don't understand what the writers were thinking.

Any thoughts?
tdmiller82
10/13/00
Macredd,
I totally agree with you- Erica does not act like a parent at all. I'm not a parent, but it was still obvious to me that Erica did not act like a concerned mother. Remember she & Henry just moved to Chicago which should have made her more wary to let her son out of her sight in a strange town. I never liked Erica & believe, as others have said, that her presence weaken the show. The only Season 3 episode I really liked was Fate & again, Erica's presence was not needed.
shy1
10/13/00
By the way, I assume everyone else noticed that they reused some scenes from "Love is Blind" in "A Horse is a Horse"? The janitor and the explosion (including Gary's leap) were lifted intact. Tight budget?
sydney
10/13/00
yeah, i noticed they played that same scene also, from "Love is Blind". i wonder why.....

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0030.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com