EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Blind Faith Question/Opinion

Author
12/26/00
Can anyone explain why the smoke from the warehouse fire bothered Gary but not Cameron or Nate? I keep noticing that he's coughing but the two boys didn't seem to be bothered at all. Any opnions?
Melodey
12/26/00
Maybe it was just better acting on Kyle's part?
Janet486
12/26/00
I thought about that. Maybe they forgot to tell the two kids that they should be coughing. Of course, Nate is only 9 so he's much shorter and closer to the good air than Gary. Cameron on the other hand was close to being as tall as Gary. HE should have coughed. Sounds like one of those little slip ups that detail oriented people (or are some of us obsessed?) would notice that got by the editors etc.
karens608
12/26/00
What I don't understand though, is that they really were in a fire, so the coughing should have come naturally. In fact, Kyle's cough sounded real because it sounded like he was coughing from his chest, which I don't think you can fake. I've always thought that the fire scenes must have been a little scary for Kyle to film because he not only had to be in the fire(they couldn't use the stunt double because the camera was too close and Gary had lines), and because he had his eyes covered so he couldn't see. I mean, he really had to trust that the stunt coordinator(or whoever would have been responsible for that sort of thing)would get him out if something went wrong.
Janet486
12/26/00
You're right. That is scary. Get into Gary's mind. He's blind, trapped in a warehouse that's burning and has to rely on a young boy and a young teenager to get him out. And that includes making a six foot jump across from the roof of one building to the next one over.

I hate heights in the same manner that Gary does except I don't get dizzy. I'm fine inside a building but not in a tree or anything like that.
Melodey
12/26/00
Janet, I never thought about that. Wow. Dosen't that just make you love Kyle even more? :)
kellyjo
12/26/00
was Gary scared about heights like that as in Fate? Wow, your talking about Blind Faith makes me really want to see it! This week there's only BORING cricket on channel WIN here in Australia instead of normal programs. Why do they have to have cricket in the summer??? Sport should have a channel all of it's own! Then they can put the ordinary programs on. Well EE isn't ordinary, it's great!

What do you think Gary was thinking at the end of Gifted as he watched the girl being driven away by her foster parents? The cat meowed and he looked at him, then looked at the departing car and his eyes kind of creased.
Janet486
12/27/00
I would hazzard a guess that he was relieved that things had worked out so well. Nikki was a tough nut to crack! She had a very low sense of self esteem. Can you imagine a 10 year old kid blaming herself for her father's drunk driving accident that killed him and her mother?

She needed to know that she was important to somebody and Gary finally got her to see that she was important and not responsible for her parents deaths.
Janet486
12/27/00
Kellyjo: Cricket for you in the summer while up here in the states it's baseball. Those of us who are not big sports fans can go crazy any time of year. We've got basketball, football and hockey to contend with right now. Give me EE any day.
kellyjo
12/27/00
Usually here in Australia it's cricket, tennis or football (the oval shaped ball). Dead boring and I'd much rather watch EE!!!

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0095.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com