EarlyDues' Early Edition
Forum Archives -- Early Edition

Subject: Gary Singing???

Author
12/26/00
In Wild Card, we got to hear Gary sing *alittle* so that he and Patrick could get into the party. But other than that, we've never *really* heard him sing. If you could hear Gary sing any song, what would it be? I'll have to think about that.

(If anyone was wondering how I got this idea, its actually very funny. I was emailing someone about the episode, The Jury, and the part were Chuck is in the shower singing the YMCA came up. The person and I both thought that it was funny how the girl actually thought that it was Gary who was singing. I don't think Gary is really the "singing in the shower." type. Then we started talking about what song we would want Gary to sing. So, that is how I got the idea to start this topic.
Janet486
12/26/00
You respond well to implied dares Melodey. I knew you'd take me up on it!

It would be funny to hear him sing Puff The Magic Dragon to a kid wouldn't it? I don't know if I can imagine it but I just though that would be funny.
tdmiller82
12/26/00
I'd love to see Gary sing a romantic song :) But, I think that it would be cute to see Gary sing to a child too. When Kyle was in Homefront, his character Jeff Metcalf, sang a jingle to his infant brother because that was the only way to get the baby to stop crying. Even though he got the words to the jingle mixed up (Yep, Dollene I noticed that :)), the scene is so adorable.
Janet486
12/26/00
I gotta ask after seeing your reply Tracy. Do television writers have it in for Kyle. As Jeff you say he messed up the jingle for his baby brother and as Gary he messed up Hello, Mary Lou. Is this a conspiracy against Kyle or what? Or is it his weird sense of humor?
tdmiller82
12/26/00
I think that they had Gary & Jeff mess up the words just to show humor. In Homefront, the scene was so realistic that I thought that Jeff messing up the words made it even more cute (What do you think Dollene?)
Dollene
12/26/00
You stumped me on that one Tracy. I didn't realize he messed the jingle up. I try not to listen to that song because then it is stuck in my head all day. :( I will have to go back and watch that ep then let you know. I would love to hear Gary sing an old love song. Like There I said it again, At last, or All the way. I'm a sucker for the 40's era love songs. And KC didn't sound half bad in HG singing the jingle. Now Wild card was another story
rosee
12/26/00
I love the song "You're just to good to be true" (I think that's the title...the song that goes "you're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you...").
That is my all time favorite song, and it would be so cute if Gary sang it to a girl (eg. Emma). I would also like to see Gary rapping with Will Smith ("Wild, Wild West" or "Men in Black"). That would be funny!!
rach1121
12/26/00
omg! i luv that song! i heard it the 1st time in that movie 10 things i hate about you when he sang it in the stands 2 the girl. thats my fav scene! :) when i went 2 see the poll n saw 1 of the choices was rap the 1st thing that popped in2 my head was hot time in the old town when he had his hat backwards 4 a half sec.
tdmiller82
12/26/00
Yep....Jeff messed the jingle up in First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage- he says "Lemo Tomato Juice is all the rage" (instead of rave) & he also messes up with swell & well :) Oops...now you are going to be singing the jingle all evening. :)
shana93
12/26/00
I love that scene in Wild Card where Gary sings. I'd love to hear him sing a romantic song. Wouldn't it have been great to see him singing along to the car radio to a song and messing up half the words? :D Also, him singing to a child would just melt me, even if it was bad.

Those of you who got to see this in Homefront, I am so jealous. I've never seen that show, but it sounds like something I would love, because I love the 40's era. :)
Ren713
12/26/00
"Wild Card" isn't one of my favorite episodes, so I have a tendancy to walk in and out of the room when it's on, so I have never heard Kyle sing. I had always wondered if he could. I noticed a lot of times (though not always) people that can sing, their talking voice kind of vibrates a certain way when they speak. (I know I sound like a space cadet.) So it begs the question - can he sing? I never saw the "Homefront" episode either. Kyle singing to Michael. Oh, my God, that must have been too cute for words.
shana93
12/27/00
Last night before I fell asleep, I was thinking wouldn't it have been funny to see Gary doing karaoke in the ep Funny Valentine. :D He could have serenaded Erica. The song "Witchy Woman" comes to mind. :D
karens608
12/27/00
Or how about "The Bitch is Back?" :D :D
Ren713
12/27/00
You guys are awful! I thought Guns'N'Roses "I Used to Love Her, But I Had to Kill Her" would have been perfect. Anyway, the reason I was really writing is I thought of a song I'd love to hear. If Gary had a daughter, I could see him holding this little baby, sitting in a rocking chair singing "My Girl." I'd be in tears!
shana93
12/27/00
Oh my goodness Karen, I'm choking here. :D

Ren, that song is perfect. I'm picturing it now. ROTFL :D
karens608
12/27/00
I know what you mean. I could barely keep from laughing when I was typing it, which is not good when you're at work and don't have a private office or even a cubicle.
shana93
12/27/00
LOL I'm trying to imagine having to read these posts at work. My co-workers would've probably thought I was some kind of lunatic. :D
Dollene
12/27/00
LOL! You guys are just aces. You know how much I despise Erica and those songs are perfect. :)
shana93
12/27/00
Yeah Dollene, you were on my mind when I thought of that little scenario last night. :D
sweetjesus90
12/28/00
wouldn't it be romantic if Gary wrote a song and sang it to his girlfriend?

Disclaimer: This fan run website is for personal, non-commercial use and is totally unaffiliated with Early Edition, Three Characters Inc., CBS Productions, TriStar Television, October Holdings, or anyone else who may have rights to the show. No infringement intended and no profit is being made in any way whatsoever (unless, of course, you consider the emotional satisfaction of supporting and promoting a work of pure genius as profit.) This website was created in homage and with gratitude to the fabulous creators of Early Edition, and also in an effort to support the show and to encourage others to do so.

Return to Earlydues' Early Edition Page

http://members.ncbi.com/earlydues/ee/forum/0097.htm
© 1997- 2001, etc.
earlydues@yahoo.com